Facebook

FOLLOW US

Ads

Advertising

Advertising

About

ABOUT NAIJAMOUTH

Read all the ⭐NIGERIAN CELEBRITY GISTS NEWS⭐ Want to know the latest updates about Nigerian Celebrity Gists? — Click here to find out.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Lady narrates ordeal with her landlord because she is single.

A lady named Chioma Okoye took to her IG page to lament bitterly about the ordeals she faced at the hands of Lagos landlords all because she is a single woman.

According to her, she had been rejected as a tenant on several occasions because she is an unmarried woman.She called on the state government for help.
Quite a good number of adults have been pressured into marriage by not just family but also society. Ladies especially are on the receiving end of these troubles as many things seem to work against them because they are not married.

Chioma wrote: “I’m actually quite familiar with this experience as at 9 years ago with the last residence I rented at Abraham Adesanya. I had to lie to be one Mrs Afulabi and I remember getting embarrassed when the agent approached me in public in front of my friends and greeted me as Mrs Afulabi.”

She wrote: “I suffered the same fate with the second house with a price of 5 million. And now the one that absolutely broke the camel’s back is the third duplex in which I filled the form a few days ago. I have attached the details of this form as proof. The Lawyer rejected me outrightly saying the Landlord does not want to have a single woman as a tenant. Please can anyone tell me who I offended to be awarded this kind of treatment?”

According to a house of rep member, Akin Alabi, those landlords in his constituency who form the habit of denying single women accommodation would see his 'red-eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment